Bowflex Xceed vs PR1000, Which Bowflex is Best?
Let’s compare the Bowflex Xceed vs Bowflex PR1000, which are two solid home gyms each with its unique features and capabilities. They are both great options for those looking for a machine for quick and effective at-home workouts.
The Xceed offers 65+ exercise options to cover your entire body and its resistance of 210 lbs can be upgraded to 310 lbs or 410 lbs for those looking for more resistance. It comes with a leg attachment and a squat bar. However, it doesn’t offer any kind of rowing motion and its comes with a vertical bench design that cannot be fully adjusted to a horizontal position.
The PR1000 model supports fewer exercise options (26+), however, it allows for aerobic rowing with its railed seat and comes with a bench that can be adjusted to a perfect horizontal position. It also has a leg attachment for doing leg curls and extensions. The maximum user weight for both models is 300 lbs.
Bowflex Xceed vs Bowflex PR1000: Pros and Cons
- Supports 65+ exercises to cover the entire body
- Comes with 210 lbs. of resistance that can be upgraded to 310 lbs. or 410 lbs.
- Has Integrated lat tower with angled lat bar
- Very compact design with heavy-duty steel frame
- Multiple cable/pulley positions for easy to switch between exercises
- The bench cannot be adjusted to a fully horizontal position
- Does not support any kind of rowing motion
- 26+ exercises that cover the entire body
- The bench can be adjusted to a perfect horizontal position
- 210 lb. Power Rod resistance
- Easy to change cable pulley system
- Bench converts to a rolling seat for rowing
- Vertical folding bench to save space when not in use
- Device holder to support your phone or tablet, great for tracking your workout routine with your favorite fitness app
- You can’t upgrade the resistance
- Does not have a squat bar
Bowflex Xceed vs Bowflex PR1000, Key Differences
- Bowflex Xceed supports 65+ exercises to hit muscles from different angles with more variety, while PR1000 supports over 25 exercises.
- Resistance on the Xceed can be upgraded to 310 lbs. or 410 lbs., but with the PR1000 you are limited with the initial 210 lbs.
- Xceed has a vertical bench press, whereas the PR1000 offers a bench that can be adjusted to horizontal position, so you can do many exercises that requires a flat bench.
- PR1000 supports aerobic rowing with it flat bench and seat rail, which the Xceed lacks dues to its vertical bench.
- Xceed is equipped with a squat bar, a feature missing in the PR1000.
- The Xceed offers a longer warranty compared to the PR1000.
Bowflex Xceed vs Bowflex PR1000, Specs Comparison
|Resistance||210 lbs.||210 lbs.|
|Upgrade Option||Upgradable to 310 lbs. or 410 lbs.||N/A|
|Max User Weight||300 lbs.||300 lbs.|
|Minimum Workout Area||L 96″ x W 78″||103″ L x 80″ W|
|Dimensions||L 53″ x W 49″ x H 82″||84″ x 38″ x 81″ (L x W x H)|
|Warranty||7 years on machine, no-Time-Limit Warranty on individual resistance rods||1 Year on Frame, 60-Day on Parts, 5 Years on Power Rods|
|See Price at Amazon||See Price at Amazon|